Who We Are
BST is a global safety consulting firm that helps organizations create injury-free workplaces. Since 1979, when BST pioneered behavior-based safety, we have established a reputation for innovation and thought leadership that helps our clients reduce incidents, engage employees, and achieve world-class safety performance that supports operational excellence.
Using proven change management principles, we work with you to develop a long-term strategy for your organization’s safety performance and design data-driven interventions that help you get there. Our expertise in leadership, culture, organizational behavior, data, and other key disciplines has made us the safety provider of choice among organizations across industry.
Our consultants, senior client executives, and global leadership team, are dedicated and knowledgeable professionals with experience in safety management, leadership development, organizational functioning, industrial psychology, employee engagement, and change management. With offices on nearly every continent, BST has the regional expertise to deliver solutions where you need them.
We are proud partners of organizations committed to safety excellence around the world in every industry, including chemicals, oil and gas, utilities, transit, mining, metals, manufacturing, paper, construction, and government agencies. BST solutions have been put to work at more than 3,200 locations in 71 countries in over 30 languages. Our client list includes many of the world’s leading organizations.
Depending on your objectives, your engagement may draw on a number of BST’s competencies and proven methodologies, including:
- Performance-predictive culture and leadership diagnostics
- Behavior-based safety systems
- Organizational safety management
- Process event prevention and integration
- Supervisor and middle-manager leadership development
- Serious and fatal injury prevention
- Executive development and coaching
- Change management
- Safety talent development and succession planning
- Data management and analysis
Every BST engagement is a promise to the employees and organizations we partner with to provide the highest quality solutions, guidance, and insight for safety performance improvement. We are committed to delivering:
- Solutions that reduce injuries.
- Processes that are immediately actionable
- Concrete, measurable, and sustainable activities for every organizational level
- Support throughout the life of your engagement with us